NGO 4 Life
|Type:||NGO working on Drugs|
|Address:||Bulevar Save Kovacevica 123, Podgorica, Crna Gora|
|Other languages:||Montenegrin, Serbian, Croatian|
Other:'Human Rights, Rule of Law, Health'
||NGO 4 Life, was established as a non-partisan, non-profit organization whose goal is to actively contribute and cooperation to improve the health care system of Montenegro, the improvement of human rights and humanitarian work. NGO 4 Life aims and active cooperation with national and international organizations in the field of improving the health system in Montenegro. We are closely cooperating with numerous Organizations and Institutions in our country such as: The Government of Montenegro, the Montenegrin Parliament, Ministry for Human and Minority Rights of Montenegro, Public Health Institute of Montenegro, Institute for children and youth “Ljubovic”, NGO Preporod, NGO CAZAS, NGO Monte-Vita, Public Institution for Pre-school Education “Djina Vrbica” from Podgorica, Municipal Office for Prevention of Drug Abuse Cetinje, Institute for execution of criminal sanctions Spuz, etc, as well as organizations from other countries from the region.
Work organization is based on preventive and curative activities of the problems of drug abuse and HCV. Goals are achieved through:
- programs of primary, secondary and tertiary prevention programs, selective and indicative prevention;
- rehabilitation of persons addicted to narcotics;
- (re) socialization, (re) integration and inclusion of former addicts into society;
- assistance and support to families, friends and partners of addicts in recovery;
- organizing activities through the participation of all stakeholders in order to create a supply of various rehabilitation programs;
- cooperation with domestic and foreign organizations and institutions to the collection, analysis and dissemination of results in the field of drug abuse;
- cooperation with other organizations and the Ministry of Health of Montenegro in the analysis and modifications of the legislative framework and strategic documents related to substance abuse;
- organizing seminars, round tables, symposiums and conferences in the field of public policy and advocacy in order to improve the treatment of vulnerable groups (drug users, injecting drug users infected with hepatitis C, HIV, drug addicts serving prison sentences, women addicts, etc.).
Since the establishing of the Organization over 1.000 persons, PAS addicts as well as patients with HCV, members of their families have asked for and received assistance from us, some of them by phone and the others by visiting our office.
Since its establishing the program was attended by 58 addicts, thus we can say that we have achieved remarkable results.
Team of people planning and realizing activities in our Organizations consists of:
Program to help addicts in the Organization and the Office for Enforcement: Sasa Mijovic, Vladimir Vukcevic (former addicts), Verica Mirovic psychologist and Marija Kovijanic social worker.
For early prevention programs: MA Milena Mijovic and a specialist in preschool Bojana Jovanovic,
Program of selective and indicative prevention program prevention for adolescents: Sasa Mijovic, Vladimir Vukcevic, and MA Milena Mijovic,
Program for scientific research: MA Tatjana Vujovic, MA Milena Mijovic associates with the Faculty of Philosophy in Niksic,
Technical service: Braslav Borozan (former addict).
In all activities implemented under the program of our organization, actively involved volunteers, according to their needs and preferences.