Social Contract Centre
|Type:||NGO working on Crime|
|Address:||106 Kasr El Aini Street, Cairo Centre, Floor 13, Cairo, Egypt|
|Region:||Middle East and Northern Africa|
|UN Languages:||Arabic, English|
Other:'Health, Governance, Civic Education, Political participation, Anti corruption Research Agenda, Governance Assessments, and Youth Empowerment Programs'
||SCC provides evidence-based policy advice, monitors and evaluates integrated development initiatives, and facilitates a national dialogue with the aim of building a national consensus on the definition and the vision for a New Social Contract.
SCC operates within the framework of four main strategic goals, these are:
• Facilitating a national dialogue toward the development of a national consensus around the concept and implications of the new social contract;
• Re-building trust between the government and the citizens;
• Supporting efforts to empower civil society;
• Supporting, monitoring and evaluating the impact of integrated development initiatives.
SCC’s portfolio spans a wide range of different and yet inter-related activities and programs. Following mainly a demand driven approach, SCC activities and programs have been carefully screened and selected with the aim of building a comparative advantage for the SCC in the field of Integrated Development in Egypt.
* Good Governance and Anti-Corruption Measurement Research Programs:
The Good Governance and Anti-Corruption Measurement Research Programs are at the core of the SCC efforts to re-build trust between government and citizens. The Anti-Corruption Measurement and Research Program aims to document and disseminate practical policy advice on corruption combating efforts, and extract lessons learned from international experiences.