Nigeria Network of Non-Governmental Organization (NNNGO)
|Type:||NGO working on Crime|
|Address:||151, AKOWONJO ROAD
|Other languages:||Yoruba, Hausa & Igbo languages|
Other:'Human Rights, Health, Governance, Environmental crime'
||The Nigeria Network of NGOs (NNNGO) is the first generic membership body for civil society organizations in Nigeria that facilitates effective advocacy on issues of poverty and other developmental issues. Established in 1992, NNNGO represents over 1000 organizations ranging from small groups working at the local level, to larger networks working at the national level.
NNNGO mission is to coordinate a civil society group that is inclusive and offers equal opportunity, people participation, community leadership, independence of voluntary action, reflection of linguistic and cultural diversity, choice and a genuine partnership with other sectors on a 'best practice' basis as a catalyst for sustainable development and poverty alleviation.
- Maintained a regularly updated database of NGOs in Nigeria
- Successfully organized and sustained a campaign on the attainment of the MDGs in Nigeria including anti-corruption campaigns
- Ongoing capacity development for Nigerian NGOs on NGO management, budget monitoring, anti-corruption etc
- Created and maintained a platform for engagement between CSOs and National, State and Local Government, Private Sector and Multilateral organizations on development issues.
- Developed an online monitoring platform for citizens to monitor government services and provide feedback to service providers.