The Tenth United Nations Survey of Crime Trends and Operations of Criminal Justice Systems (Tenth CTS, 2005-2006)
Values and rates per 100,000 total population for all CTS variables, reproduced as received, by country
This page provides access to the
full responses received from 86 countries to the Tenth CTS covering the years 2005 to 2006.
The Tenth CTS questionnaire consisted of four parts dealing with information, primarily statistical, on the main components of the criminal justice system (police, prosecution, courts and prisons) and an Annex requesting supplementary information on police recorded crime statistics relating to homicide and thefts of motor vehicles.
Respondent Member States have supplied full or partial responses to the Tenth CTS questionnaire.
- Data accessible via this page are reproduced, as far as possible, as received from respondent States. Missing questionnaire parts therefore indicate that no response was received to that particular part of the Tenth CTS questionnaire.
- Numbers published are subject only to the data input process operated by UNODC. In some cases this involved some minor data cleaning and computerisation of hand written responses to the CTS questionnaire.
- Comments provided by States in one of the UN official languages expressed in non-roman script are in the process of translation to English.
- As a result of the data entry and translation process it is possible that data are subject to errors, including data entry errors and errors where comments were handwritten and proved to be illegible. As errors and omissions are detected, corrections will be made to the country responses. The update will be notified on this page and all reports will be updated and will include the date on which the report was generated. Queries relating to individual published values should be addressed to
- Data are reproduced in a format that mirrors that of the
questionnaire sent to Member States. In addition to values provided that are reproduced as received, UNODC additionally calculates rates per 100,000 population on the basis of population data published by the
United Nations World Population Prospects, 2006 Revision.
All Tenth CTS responses received as of 10 December 2008 may be downloaded here:
Instructions given to responding Member States for completion of the questionnaire