Anticipated benefits for participants
Participants who successfully complete the SE4U course are expected to have the following benefits:
- gain in-depth knowledge about transnational organized crime, UNTOC and the Review Mechanism;
- learn about entry points and tools for engagement in the implementation of UNTOC and draft an action plan for participation in the UNTOC Review Mechanism;
- be considered for follow-up activities.
Selected SE4U alumni will be invited to join:
- pilot initiatives with their respective governments to discuss the self-assessment stage of the UNTOC Review Mechanism and how to address broader organized crime-related issues in their respective national and/or regional contexts);
- constructive dialogues between non-governmental stakeholders and government focal points that take place in the margins of the UNTOC Working Group meetings;
- WhatsOn – UNODC’s interactive online multistakeholder database and knowledge hub for non-governmental stakeholders working to counter organized crime and corruption;
Additionally, outstanding SE4U alumni will be featured in the Human Story section on WhatsOn and on UNODC-CSU social media and will thus have a chance to showcase their organizational and individual achievements related to the implementation of UNTOC.