UNODC's Terrorism Prevention Branch (UNODC/TPB) is pleased to announce the release of the updated training module on The Universal Legal Framework against Terrorism.
This publication includes up-to-date information about the international legal instruments and standards concerning terrorism, and is one of UNODC/TPB's primary tools for transferring knowledge and expertise needed to strengthen national legal capacity on counter terrorism.
This is the first update of the training module since its 2010 publication. It is available in the six official languages of the United Nations (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish) and is available for download here: http://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/terrorism/technical-assistance-tools.html
The module is part of TPB's counter-terrorism legal training curriculum, developed to strengthen the capacity of criminal justice officials to implement the international legal framework against terrorism.
The curriculum consists of modules dealing with specific thematic areas of legal and criminal justice aspects of countering terrorism. Its first six modules are:
• Module 1. Counter-Terrorism in the International Legal Context (under preparation)
• Module 2. The Universal Legal Framework against Terrorism
• Module 3. International Cooperation in Criminal Matters: Counter-Terrorism
• Module 4. Human Rights and Criminal Justice Responses to Terrorism
• Module 5. Transport-related (civil aviation and maritime) Terrorism Offences
• Module 6. The International Legal Framework against Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Terrorism.
The target audience of the curriculum includes policymakers, prosecutors and judges, investigators and other law enforcement officials, policymakers and government officials from concerned departments who are involved in legislative drafting, international cooperation in criminal matters, investigation, prosecution and adjudication of terrorist crimes or have responsibilities in the ratification of international treaties.