The Conference of the States Parties to the United Nations Convention against Corruption,
Bearing in mind the importance of promoting and sharing best practices and the provisions of article 61, paragraph 2, of the United Nations Convention against Corruption,
1. Decides to hold, during its second session, a meeting on best practices in the fight against corruption, in which selected programmes of States shall be presented and discussed;
2. Decides to invite States to make proposals regarding best practices on an aspect of the United Nations Convention against Corruption that may be considered a priority;
3. Decides that non-governmental organizations with observer status may also be invited to suggest one case involving best practices;
4. Also decides that the Secretariat, in consultation with the bureau of the Conference of the States Parties, shall select up to four of those cases to be discussed during the meeting and that each of the States responsible for the selected programmes shall be invited to make a presentation during the meeting;
5. Further decides that the Secretariat, subject to the availability of extrabudgetary resources, shall make available, after the second session of the Conference of the States Parties, a booklet with a summary of the best practices discussed in the meeting.