On Nelson Mandela International Day, the UNODC Regional Office for Central Asia shared copies of brochures of the United Nations Standard Minimum Rules for the Treatment of Prisoners (the Nelson Mandela Rules) to be distributed among relevant government stakeholders in Kazakhstan...[Read More]
Since 2010, the United Nations celebrates Nelson Mandela International Day to recognise the former South African President's outstanding contribution to a culture of peace and freedom. For the first time this year, the United Nations also uses today's occasion to draw attention to the more than 10 million prisoners worldwide as well as to the work of those entrusted with their safe, secure and humane custody.
Promoting partnership between the Uzbekistan Customs and the United Kingdom’s National Crime Agency on container control
In cooperation with the United Kingdom's National Crime Agency (NCA) UNODC organized a study tour to the United Kingdom for the Uzbek State Customs Committee officers and representatives of the National Center on Drug Control. Study tour was organized in the framework of the UNODC - World Customs Organization...
- 7/27/16 - The National Statistical Committee of the Kyrgyz Republic - Crime and Public Order in the Kyrgyz Republic (pdf)
- 7/18/16 - Исполнительный Директор УНП ООН Юрий Федотов Заявление по случаю Международного дня Нельсона Манделы (pdf)
- 7/18/16 - UNODC Executive Director Yury Fedotov Statement on Nelson Mandela International Day (pdf)
- 6/23/16 - На кыргызско-казахской границе прошли показательные учения с участием офицеров пограничного взаимодействия
- 4/22/16 - US experts trained Kyrgyz law enforcement investigators to better counter drug trafficking
- 4/6/16 - Law enforcement agencies in Kyrgyzstan cooperate for better combating illicit drugs