- Assistance and protection in the Protocol
- International human rights and refugee law
- Vulnerable groups
- Positive and negative obligations of the State
- Identification of smuggled migrants and first responses
- Participation of smuggled migrants in legal proceedings
- The role of non-governmental organizations
- Smuggled migrants & other categories of migrants
- Short-, mid- and long-term measures
Published in January 2019.
This module is a resource for lecturers
Additional teaching tools
This section includes links to relevant teaching aides such as PowerPoint slides and video material, that could help the lecturer teach the issues covered by the Module. Lecturers can adapt the resources to their needs.
- Chaos on Chios as refugee camp unable to shelter everyone (1:35 minutes), by Euronews. The short video presents the dire living conditions in the perimeter of an overcrowded refugee camp in Greece.
- Tensions high as migrant camp attacked (app. 1 minute), by Euronews. The footage reports on violent incidents occurring in a refugee camp in Greece.
- Module 2 PowerPoint presentation (forthcoming)