This module is a resource for lecturers
The following readings are recommended for students interested in exploring the topics of this Module in more detail, and for lecturers teaching the Module.
- Dees, Gregory and Peter Crampton (1991). Shrewd bargaining on the moral frontier: toward a theory of morality in practice. Business Ethics Quarterly, vol. 1, No. 2 (April), pp. 146-164.
- Dekker, Sidney (2016). Just Culture: Restoring Trust and Accountability in Your Organization,3 rd ed. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
- Edmonson, Amy C (2003). Speaking up in the operating room: how team leaders promote learning in interdisciplinary action teams. Journal of Management Studies, vol. 40, No. 6 (September).
- Gentile, Mary C. (2010). Giving Voice to Values: How to Speak Your Mind When You Know What's Right. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press.
- Martin E. P. Seligman (2002). Authentic Happiness: Using the New Positive Psychology to Realize Your Potential for Lasting Fulfilment. New York: Simon and Schuster.
- Morrison, Elizabeth and Frances J. Milliken (2000). Organizational silence: a barrier to change and development in a pluralistic world. Academy of Management Review, vol. 25, No. 4.
- Rushworth M. Kidder (2005). Moral Courage: Taking Action When Your Values Are Put to the Test. New York: William Morrow. *See especially pp. 39-76.