This module is a resource for lecturers
This section provides a list of (mostly) open access materials that the lecturer could ask the students to read before taking a class based on this Module.
- Bjørgo, Tore (2016). Preventing Crime: A Holistic Approach. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Brantingham, Paul and Faust, Frederic L (1976). A conceptual model of crime prevention, Crime and Delinquency, vol. 22, No. 3, 284-96.
- Chainey, Spencer and Ratcliffe, Jerry (2005). GIS and crime mapping. Chester: Wiley and Sons.
- Clarke, Ronald V (2012). Opportunity makes the thief. Really? And so what?. Crime Science, vol. 1, No. 3, 1-9.
- Ekblom, Paul (2011). Intelligence. In Crime Prevention, Security and Community Safety Using the 5Is Framework. Hampshire: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Homel, Ross and Thomsen, Lisa (2017). Developmental Crime Prevention. In N. Tilley and A. Sidebottom, eds. Handbook of Crime Prevention and Community Safety. Devon: Willan Publishing.
- Johnson, Shane D, Tilley, Nick, and Bowers, Kate J (2015). Introducing EMMIE: an evidence rating scale to encourage mixed-method crime prevention synthesis reviews. Journal of Experimental Criminology, vol. 11. No. 3, 459-473.
- Lab, Steven (2016). Crime Prevention: approaches, practices and evaluations. New Providence: LexisNexis.
- MacKenzie, Doris and Farrington, David (2015). Preventing future offending of delinquents and offenders: what have we learned from experiments and meta-analyses? Journal of Experimental Criminology, vol. 11, No. 4, 565-595.
- Sampson, Robert (2004). Neighbourhood and community: Collective efficacy and community safety. New Economy, vol. 11, No. 2, 106-113.
- Schneider, Stephen (2014). Crime Prevention: Theory and Practice. Boca Raton: CRC Press.
- Sutton, Adam, Cherney, Adrian, and White, Rob (2014). Crime Prevention - Principles, Perspectives and Practices. Port Melbourne: Cambridge University Press.
- Tilley, Nick (2009). Crime Prevention. Devon: Willan Publishing.
- Tonry, Michael and Farrington, David (1995). Building a safer community: strategic approaches to crime prevention. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press.
- United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime (UNODC) (2010). Handbook on the Crime Prevention Guidelines - Making them work. Vienna: UNODC.
- van Dijk, Jan and de Waard, Jaap (1991). A two-dimensional typology of crime prevention projects. Criminal Justice Abstracts, vol. 23, No. 4, 483-503.
- Weisburd, David., Farrington, David, and Gill, Charlotte (2016). What Works in Crime Prevention and Rehabilitation: Lessons from Systematic Reviews. London: Springer.
Next: Advanced reading