This module is a resource for lecturers
This section provides a list of materials that the lecturer could ask the students to read before taking a class based on this Module.
- Crenshaw, Kimberle (1991). Mapping the margins: intersectionality, identity politics, and violence against women of color. Stanford Law Review, vol. 43, No. 6, pp. 1241-1299.
- Gaucher, Danielle, Justin P. Friesen and Aaron C. Kay (2011). Evidence that gendered wording in job advertisements exists and sustains gender inequality. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, vol. 101, No. 1, pp. 109-28.
- Gilligan Carol (1982). In a Different Voice . Cambridge: Harvard University Press. » See especially pp. 24-39.
- Mohanty, Chandra T. (2003). 'Under western eyes' revisited: feminist solidarity through anticapitalist struggles. Signs vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 499-535.
- National Women's Law Centre (2017). Equal Pay for Black Women .
- Noddings Nel. (1984). Caring: A Feminine Approach to Ethics and Moral Education . Los Angeles: University of California Press.
- Patil, Vrushali (2013). From patriarchy to intersectionality: a transnational feminist assessment of how far we've really come. Signs: Journal of Women in Culture and Society, vol. 38, No. 4, pp. 847-867.
- Sander-Staudt, Maureen (2018). Care Ethics. The Internet Encyclopaedia of Philosophy.
- Tronto, Joan (2005). An ethic of care. In Feminist theory: a philosophical anthology, Ann E. Cudd and Robin O. Andreasen, eds. Malden, Massachusetts: Blackwell Publishing.
- Tronto, Joan C. (2010). Creating caring institutions: politics, plurality, and purpose. Ethics and Social Welfare, vol. 4, pp. 158-71.
- UN Women (2017). Facts and Figures: Ending Violence Against Women .