The event will present the outcome of the ‘civil society conference on drugs and crime: Promoting Evidence-based Interventions on Drugs and Crime to Foster African Development’ held in Kenya in February 2021, focusing on these topics:
- Crime and drug prevention among youth;
- Organized Crime, Cybercrime and Illicit Trafficking.
The Conference outcome document will serve as an instrument for civil society in Africa to engage with UNODC and African governments in crime prevention and addressing the world drug problem in the continent.
Moderated by Billy Batware, UNODC Civil Society Unit
· George Odalo, Slum Child Foundation, Kenya
· Emma de Villiers, Fixed Africa, South Africa
· Mennatalla Abdelraouf, Maat for Peace, Egypt
· Barbara Nakijoba, Uganda Youth Development Link
Concluding remarks by Billy Batware, UNODC Civil Society Unit