Roundtable discussion and global launch of the
2022 World Drug Report
Vienna, 16 June 2022
Monday, 27 June 2022 from 16:00 to 17:00 hrs
, Vienna time (CEST) Where:
at the Vienna International Centre, Room C0225A, C-Building, 2nd Floor
– link will be shared upon registration.
- Angela Me, Chief, Research & Trend Analysis Branch, UNODC
- John Caulkins, Professor, Carnegie Mellon University
- Sara Esmizade, Head of Women’s Department, Rebirth Charity Society
- Abel Basutu, Senior Drug Programme Officer, African Union Commission
- Daniel Brombacher, Head of the Global Partnership on Drug Policies and Development (GPDPD), GIZ
- Stephanie Liechtenstein, Freelance journalist
The World Drug Report 2022 presents an overview of the current trends on global
drug markets and includes the latest information on drug use, production, and trafficking. It analyzes the gender gap relating
to drug use and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. The WDR 2022 also considers the potential futures for the global opiates
market given the recent changes in Afghanistan, looks at the impact of increased permissiveness toward cannabis legalization,
investigates the relationship between drugs and conflict, and includes a section with a specific focus on the impact of drugs
on the environment.
Please register through this link: https://bit.ly/3xQNOcd
- to attend the press briefing, either online or in person,
- for an advanced copy of the 2022 World Drug Report(available from 23 June), and
- for interview requests.
including those accredited to the UN in Vienna, who plan to attend in person,
need to register before 10:00 am CEST on Friday 24 June
by submitting the online
(same link as above).
Registration for online attendance closes one hour before the launch.
** *** **
Join the conversation on Twitter by using the hashtags #WorldDrugReport
and follow @UNODC