The ARQ is a mandated data collection which gathers aggregate data and information on a wide range of subjects related to drugs, from demand (e.g., prevalence of drug use, figures on treatment, mortality) to supply (e.g, data on seizures, cultivation) and regulatory issues. The data collected with ARQ are used for the annual World Drug Report.
In its resolution 60/1, the Commission invited UNODC, in close cooperation with Member States, to reflect on possibilities to strengthen and streamline its existing data-collection and analysis tools, including improving the quality and effectiveness of the annual report questionnaire.
After an inclusive process that involved several consultations with Member States and international organizations, as well as two Expert Group Meetings, the revised and streamlined ARQ was endorsed by the Commission on Narcotics Drugs during its 63rd session (E/CN.7/2020/12) on 5 March 2020.
In May 2021, the new ARQ was launched, together with a new platform that facilitates data collection, the Data eXchange Platform (DXP).
For questions on the ARQ or online reporting, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also call the ARQ hotline at (+43 1) 26060 3914
Download the new documentation in English and view our training videos in all six official UN languages.
- ARQ-DXP Affiliation Process Guidelines
- Guidelines for the Annual Report Questionnaire (ARQ)
- Introduction to the New ARQ Data eXchange Platform
- How to Invite Data Providers to the ARQ-DXP
- The Workings of the ARQ-DXP + Introduction to A01 Prevalence of Drug Use
- The Structure of the New ARQ
- Introduction to A07 "Seizures & Trafficking"