This module is a resource for lecturers
This section provides a list of (mostly) open access materials that the lecturer could ask the students to read before taking a class based on this Module.
- United Nations (1976). International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights , GA Resolution 2200A (XXI). New York: UN, article 14.
- United Nations (2013). Principles and Guidelines on Access to Legal Aid in Criminal Justice Systems . Vienna: UN.
- United Nations (2015). Standard Minimum Rules for the Treatment of Prisoners (the Nelson Mandela Rules) . New York: UN, Rules 61 and 199.
- United Nations (2010). Rules for the Treatment of Women Prisoners and Non-custodial Measures for Women Offenders with their Commentary (Bangkok Rules) . Bangkok: UN, Rules 15 and 25.
- United Nations (2008). Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities , A/RES/61/106. New York: UN, article 13.
United Nations Publications
- UNODC and UNDP (2014). Early access to legal aid in criminal justice processes: a handbook for policymakers and practitioners. New York and Vienna: UNODC and UNDP, Chapters I and II.
Next: Advanced reading