This module is a resource for lecturers
This section provides a suggestion for a post-class assignment, be completed within two weeks after the Module, for the purpose of assessing student understanding of the Module. Suggestions for pre-class or in-class assignments are provided in the Exercises section.
Select a leader and write an essay on the ethical leadership of the selected person, focusing on one or more of the following questions:
- In your opinion, what characterizes a good leader? Do you think the leader is a good leader? Why?
- How does being a good leader differ from being an ethical leader?
- Did this person face any ethical dilemmas during his or her career or lifetime?
- How did he or she respond to these dilemmas?
- Is it possible to identify a particular ethical theory that informed the choices made by this person?
Length: between 2500 and 3000 words.