- Aggravating and mitigating factors
- Sentencing options relating to organized crime
- Alternatives to imprisonment
- The death penalty and organized crime
- Backgrounds of convicted offenders
- Confiscation in practice: responding to the movement of criminal assets
Published in May 2018
Regional Perspective: Pacific Islands Region - added in November 2019
Regional Perspective: Eastern and Southern Africa - added in April 2020
This module is a resource for lecturers
The following readings are recommended for students interested in exploring the topics of this Module in more detail, and for lecturers teaching the Module:
Ligeti, Katalin and Michele Simonato (2017). Chasing Criminal Money. Challenges and Perspectives on Asset Recovery in the EU. London: Hart/Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Skolnick, Jerome H. (2008). Policing Should Not be for Profit," Criminology & Public Policy, vol. 7, 257-261.
Stephenson, Kevin M., Larissa Gray, Ric Power, Jean-Pierre Brun, Gabriele Dunker, and Melissa Panjer (2011). Barriers to Asset Recovery: An Analysis of the Key Barriers and Recommendations for Action. Washington, D.C.: World Bank.