This module is a resource for lecturers
Additional teaching tools
This section includes links to relevant teaching aides such as PowerPoint slides, video material, case studies, and other resources that could help the lecturer teach the issues covered by the Module. The slides and other resources can be adapted by lecturers.
- DCAF Police Integrity - This e-learning course, produced by the Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces, introduces the participant to key principles and issues that surround police integrity, including organizational culture, strategic assessment, capacity building, and internal and external oversight.
- Racial Profiling: How racial profiling hurts everyone, including the police | Jamil Jivani | TEDxToronto (2014) » A TEDx presentation on the adverse impacts of racial profiling by police. (10:37 minutes)
- The Role of the Police: We police have become great protectors, but forgot how to serve | Melvin Russell | TEDx MidAtlantic (2015) » A TEDx presentation that focuses on restoring the community focus in policing. (13:18 minutes)
- Approaches to policing: Warrior vs. guardian mindsets in policing | Mike D'Antonio | TEDx LosGatosHighSchool (2016) » A TEDx presentation which explores different mindsets in policing. (19:32 minutes)
- Whistleblowing: Exposing corruption, abuse and war crimes - Whistleblower | DW Documentary (2017) » A documentary that explores the role of whistle-blowers in exposing corruption, abuse and war crime. (28:32 minutes)
- Animated video on the Nelson Mandela rules | Produced by Penal Reform International (2015) » This short animated video introduces the Nelson Mandela Rules. (2:23 minutes)
- Documentary on the media and the police | Produced by the Balkan Investigative Reporting Network (BIRN) (2017) » This documentary explores the relationship between the media and the police in Western Balkans. (48:43 minutes)
Next: Guidelines to develop a stand-alone course
Back to top