This module is a resource for lecturers
download full module
download this page
- Abdel-Monem, Tarik. (2003). Foreign Nationals in the US Witness Security Program: A Remedy for Every Wrong? American Criminal Law Review, vol. 40, 1253-1269.
- Brand, Paul and Joshua Getzler, eds. (2015).
Judges and Judging in the History of the Common Law and Civil Law: From Antiquity to Modern Times. Cambridge University Press.
- Dammer, Harry and Jay Albanese. (2014).
Comparative Criminal Justice Systems, 5th ed. Wadsworth.
- Dandurand, Yvon and Kristin Farr. (2010).
A Review of Selected Witness Protection Programs. Ottawa: Public Safety Canada.
- Di Luca, Joseph. (2005). Expedient McJustice or Principled Alternative Dispute Resolution - A Review of Plea Bargaining in Canada.
Criminal Law Quarterly, vol. 50, 14.
- Earley, Pete and Gerald Shur. (2002).
WITSEC: Inside the Federal Witness Protection Program. New York: Bantam Books. 131.
- Falcon, Gabriel. (2013). Inside the Witness Protection Program.
CNN.com, February 16.
- Finn, Peter and Kerry Murphy Healey. (1996).
Preventing Gang- and Drug-Related Witness Intimidation. National Institute of Justice.
- Flanagan, James F. (1980-81). Compelled Immunity for Defense Witnesses: Hidden Costs and Questions.
Notre Dame Law Review, vol. 56, 447.
- Fyfe, Nicholas and James Sheptycki. (2006). International Trends in the Facilitation of Witness Co-operation in Organized Crime Cases.
European Journal of Criminology, vol. 3, 347-359.
- Kash, Douglas A. (2004). Hiding in Plain Sight: A Peek into the Witness Security Program.
FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin, vol. 73, 25-32.
- Kelly, Robert J., Rufus Schatzberg, and Ko-lin Chin. (1994). Without Fear of Retribution: The Witness Protection Program. In R.J. Kelly, K. Chin, and R. Schatzberg, eds.,
Handbook of Organized Crime in the United States. Greenwood Publishing, 491-504.
- Merryman, John Henry and Rogelio Pérez-Perdomo. (2007).
The Civil Law Tradition: An Introduction to the Legal Systems of Europe and Latin America. Stanford University Press.
- Montanino, Fred. (1990). Protecting Organized Crime Witnesses in the United States.
International Journal of Comparative and Applied Criminal Justice, vol. 14, 123-132.
- Reichel, Philip L. (2017).
Comparative Criminal Justice Systems: A Topical Approach, 7th ed. Pearson.
- Sheptycki, James. (2017). Uneasy Truths; Criminal-Informants, Witness Protection, Trust and Legitimacy in the Policing of Organized Crime. In
Contemporary Organized Crime: Developments, Challenges and Responses, H. Nelen and D. Siegel, eds. Springer.
- Trotter, Andrew. (2012). Witness Intimidation in International Trials: Balancing The Need For Protection Against The Rights of The Accused.
George Washington International Law Review, vol. 44, 521-537.
- UNAFEI 120
th International Senior Seminar; Reports of the Course.
Cooperation between the police and prosecutors
. UNAFEI: Resource Material Series No. 60.
- United Nations Conference of the State Parties. (2013).
Report on regional implementation of chapter III (Criminalization and law enforcement) of the United Nations Convention against Corruption. CAC/COSP/2013/11 Panama City.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. (2008).
Toolkit to Combat Trafficking in Persons, 2d ed. Vienna: UNODC.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. (2008). Good Practices for the Protection of Witnesses in Criminal Proceedings involving Organized Crime. Vienna: UNODC.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. (2004).
Convention against Transnational Organized Crime and the Protocols Thereto. Vienna: UNODC.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. (2011).
Criminal Intelligence Manual for Analysts. Vienna: UNODC.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. (2012).
Digest of Organized Crime Cases. Vienna: UNODC.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. (2012). Model Legislative Provisions against Organized Crime. Vienna: UNODC.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. (2015).
Report on the State of Implementation of the Convention against Corruption
, 96-99. Vienna: UNODC.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. (2016).
Implementation of the United Nations Convention against Transnational Organized Crime: Needs Assessment Tools. Vienna: UNODC.
- Violet, Arlene and John Partington. (2011).
The Mob and Me: Wiseguys and the Witness Protection Program. New York: Pocket Star Books.
Back to top