This module is a resource for lecturers
The following readings are recommended for students interested in exploring the topics of this Module in more detail, and for lecturers teaching the Module:
- Andrews, Matt (2008). The Good Governance Agenda: Beyond Indicators without Theory. Oxford Development Studies, vol. 36, issue 4 (December), pp. 379-407.
- Bevir, Mark, ed. (2011). The SAGE Handbook of Governance. London: SAGE Publications Ltd.
- Cerrillo i Martínez, Agustí, and Juli Ponce, eds. (2017). Preventing Corruption and Promoting Good Government and Public Integrity. Bruylant.
- Grindle, Merilee S. (2009). Going Local: Decentralization, Democratization, and the Promise of Good Governance. Princeton: Princeton University Press.
- Holland, Jeremy, and others (2009). Measuring Change and Results in Voice and Accountability Work. Department for International Development Working Paper. Paris: Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development.
- Ivanyna, Maksym, and Anwar Shah (2018). Ranking Countries for Good Governance Using Public Opinion Surveys. In The Palgrave Handbook of Indicators in Global Governance, Malito, Debora V., Gaby Umbach, and Nehal Bhuta, eds. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Khan, Mushtaq (2012). Beyond Good Governance: An Agenda for Developmental Governance. In Is Good Governance Good for Development? Sundaram, Jomo Kwame and Chowdhury, Anis, (eds.) London: Bloomsbury Academic, pp. 151-182.
- Malito, Debora V., Nehal Bhuta, and Gaby Umbach, eds. (2018). The Palgrave Handbook of Indicators in Global Governance. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Shepsle, Kenneth A. (1999). The Political Economy of State Reform . Political to the Core. Brazilian Journal of Political Economy , vol. 19, issue 03 (July-September), pp. 1-20.
- Williams, Andrew (2014). A Global Index of Information and Political Transparency. The University of Western Australia .
Next: Student assessment