Published in January 2019.
This module is a resource for lecturers
This section provides a list of (mostly) open access materials that the lecturer could ask the students to read before taking a class based on this Module.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (2010). A Short Introduction to Migrant Smuggling (Issue Paper).
- Gallagher, Anne and David, Fiona (2004). "The International Law of Migrant Smuggling."
- International Council on Human Rights Policy (2010). Irregular Migration, Human Smuggling, and Human Rights: Towards Coherence , pp. 68-71.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (2017). The Concept of "Financial or Other Material Benefit" in the Smuggling of Migrants Protocol (Issue Paper), pp. 7-10 and 13-15.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (2011). Smuggling of Migrants by Sea (Issue Paper).
- The United Nations Convention on Transnational Organized Crime and its Supplementing Protocol against the Smuggling of Migrants by Land, Sea and Air, 2000.
- The United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, 1982.
- National laws as applicable, please consult SHERLOC Case Law Database on the Smuggling of Migrants.
- United Nations (1948). The Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- United Nations (1966). International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.
- United Nations (1966). International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights.
- United Nations (2000). Report of the Ad Hoc Committee on the Elaboration of a Convention Against Transnational Organized Crime on the Work of its First to Eleventh Sessions.
Next: Advanced reading
Back to top