This module is a resource for lecturers
Possible class structure
This section contains recommendations for a teaching sequence and timing intended to achieve learning outcomes through a three-hour class. The lecturer may wish to disregard or shorten some of the segments below in order to give more time to other elements, including introduction, icebreakers, conclusion or short breaks. The structure could also be adapted for shorter or longer classes, given that class durations vary across countries.
Introduction (10 mins)
- Introduce relevant terms and provide an overview of the Module.
Enabling environments (50 mins)
- Discuss organizational approaches to fostering ethical environments and conduct Exercise 1.
Giving Voice to Values (GVV) (60 mins)
- Discuss the GVV approach and conduct Exercise 2 (A Tale of Two Stories).
Strategies for Acting Ethically (50 mins)
- Conduct Exercise 3 (Peer Coaching and the Value of Feedback) or Exercise 4 (Ethical Business Practices).
Conclusion (10 mins)
- Conclude the session with a discussion of the Module's main lessons.