This module is a resource for lecturers
Additional teaching tools
This section includes links to relevant teaching aides such as PowerPoint slides, video material, case studies, and other resources that could help the lecturer teach the issues covered by the Module. The slides and other resources can be adapted by lecturers.
- Presentation on Module 13: Justice for Children - forthcoming
- Restorative Juvenile Justice in Latin America (2018) Terre des hommes [8:33 minutes] » A brief documentary that showcases the community building benefits of restorative justice.
- UNODC: Egypt – Second Chance UNODC Regional Office for the Middle East and North Africa [20:51 minutes] » Interviews with experts to highlight the importance of child-sensitive justice responses.
- Juvenile justice in Afghanistan (2012) UNICEF Afghanistan [5:26 minutes] » A documentary, filmed in Afghanistan, that profiles the challenges for a girl in accessing justice. The film provides an overview of UNICEF’s work to support juvenile justice in Afghanistan.
- My Lawyer, My Rights – Every child in conflict with the law needs a good lawyer (2017) Defence for Children Belgium [1:39] » A brief information video, designed for children, to advise on the right to quality legal advice.
- Children and Justice: Your Rights (2015) European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights [3:18 minutes] » A brief information video, designed for children, to inform children about their fundamental rights.
- I have the Right: Justice for Children in Angola (2015) UNICEF Angola [1:00 minute] » Children share their views about their rights.
- Rights with Ruby and Jack (2013) UNICEF Australia [3:05 minutes] » A brief animated video, designed for young children, to introduce the concept of children’s rights.
- United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (2016) The Centre for Children’s Rights – School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work at Queen’s University Belfast [9:00 minutes] » A comprehensive introduction to the children’s rights, and the obligations on States parties to the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Online training tool for professionals
- Online course for professionals dealing with child victims and child witnesses of crime (jointly developed by UNODC and UNICEF)
- Child friendly Justice and Children’s Rights (developed by the Council of Europe, the course comprises nine Modules)