This module is a resource for lecturers
Additional teaching tools
- Hern, Alex and David Pegg. (2018). Facebook fined for data breaches in Cambridge Analytica scandal. The Guardian, 10 July 2018.
- Solon, Olivia. (2018). Cambridge Analytica whistleblower says Bannon wanted to suppress voters. The Guardian, 16 May 2018.
- Granville, Kevin. (2018). Facebook and Cambridge Analytica: What You Need to Know as Fallout Widens. New York Times, 19 March 2018.
- NPR. Stories about Cambridge Analytica .
- WIRED. Cambridge Analytica.
- The Conversation. Articles on Privacy .
- The Conversation. Articles on Data Protection .
- Karagiannis, Konstantinos. (2014). Quantum Key Distribution and the Future of Encryption. Black Hat Europe 2014 (length: 27:05). » This video describes quantum computing and the impact of quantum computing on data security and privacy.
- Lecture: How Alice and Bob meet if they don't like onions. Survey of Network Anonymisation Techniques. 34th Chaos Communication Congress (length: 61:52) » This video covers what anonymity is, analyses anonymity, examines various anonymizing communication networks, and current research in this area..
- NIST. (2018). Assessing Privacy Controls Workshop (length: 57:17) » This video includes a NIST panel that covers privacy engineering and risk management issues, particularly those that relate to privacy controls.
- NIST. What is the Internet of Things (IoT) and How Can we Secure it? (length: 7:53) » This video covers the Internet of Things and what can be done to secure the IoT.
- Privacy International. (2015). Big Data (length: 4:48) » This video provides an overview of big data, the manner in which it is collected and analysed, why big data is sought, the consequences of big data, and what can be done about big data.
- Privacy International. (2015). Data Protection Explained (length: 3:06) » This video covers what data is, why it is valuable, who data controllers are, how data controllers obtained data, what is data protection law and what it does, variation in data protection law, and why data protection law is important.
- Privacy International. (2015). What is Privacy? (length: 3:11) » This video discusses what privacy is, why it is important, how data is collected, how it impacts privacy, and what can be done to protect privacy.
Back to top