- Drug trafficking
- Firearms trafficking
- Wildlife and forest crime
- Counterfeit products trafficking
- Manufacturing of and trafficking in falsified medical products
- Trafficking in cultural property
- Trafficking in persons and smuggling of migrants
Published in April 2018, updated in February 2020
Regional Perspectives: Pacific Islands Region - added in November 2019
Regional Perspectives: Eastern and Southern Africa - added in April 2020
This module is a resource for lecturers
The following readings are recommended for students interested in exploring the topics of this Module in more detail, and for lecturers teaching the Module:
- Albanese, Jay S., ed. (2009). Combating Piracy: Intellectual Property Theft and Fraud. Transaction Publishers.
- Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (2016). Illicit Firearms in Australia. Commonwealth of Australia.
- Hongfa, Xu and James Compton (2010). The State of Wildlife Trade in China. Traffic.
- INTERPOL, RHIPTO, Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime (2018). World atlas of illicit flows . RHIPTO
- Lane, David C., David G. Bromley, Robert D. Hicks, and John S. Mahoney (2008). Time Crime: The Transnational Organization of Art and Antiquities Theft. Journal of Contemporary Criminal Justice, vol. 24, 243-62.
- McEwen, Andy and Straus, Lianne (2009). Counterfeit Tobacco in London: Local Crime Requires an International Solution. Trends in Organized Crime, vol. 12, 251-259.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (2012). Wildlife and Forest Crime Analytical ToolKit. Vienna: UNODC.
- Visconti, Arianna (2014). Cultural Property Trafficking. In N. Boister and R.J. Currie (eds.), Routledge Handbook of Transnational Criminal Law. London: Routledge.