This module is a resource for lecturers
This section provides a list of (mostly) open access materials that the lecturer could ask the students to read before taking a class based on this Module.
- Bochenek, Michael Garcia (2016). Children Behind Bars: The Global Overuse of Detention of Children. Human Rights Watch.
- Child Rights Information Network (CRIN) (no date.) The minimum age of criminal responsibility.
- Committee on the Rights of the Child (2007). General Comment No. 10 on Children’s Rights in Juvenile Justice. CRC/C/GC/10
- Committee on the Rights of the Child (2019). General Comment No. 24 on Children’s Rights in Child Justice Systems. CRC/C/GC/24
- Cusick, Sarah, and Michael K. Goergieff, (no date). The First 1,000 days of Life: The Brain’s Window of Opportunity. UNICEF Office Research-Innocenti.
- Human Rights Watch (2012). Against All Odds: Prison Conditions for Youth Offenders Serving Life without Parole Sentences in the United States.
- Liefaard, Ton (2019). “Access to Justice for Children: Towards a Specific Research and Implementation Agenda.” International Journal for Children’s Rights. vol. 27. pp. 195-227.
- United Nations (1989). Convention on the Rights of the Child , GA Resolution 44/25 of 20 November 1989 entry into force 2 September 1990. New York: UN.
- United Nations (2008). Guidance Note of the Secretary-General: UN Approach to Justice for Children. United Nations, New York.
- UNICEF, (2006). Children In Conflict With the Law, Fact Sheet.
Next: Advanced reading