This module is a resource for lecturers
The following readings are recommended for students interested in exploring the topics of this Module in more detail, and for lecturers teaching the Module:
- Andrews, Matt (2008). The Good Governance Agenda: Beyond Indicators without Theory. Oxford Development Studies, vol. 36, issue 4 (December), pp. 379-407.
- Bevir, Mark, ed. (2011). The SAGE Handbook of Governance. London: SAGE Publications Ltd.
- Cerrillo i Martínez, Agustí, and Juli Ponce, eds. (2017). Preventing Corruption and Promoting Good Government and Public Integrity. Bruylant.
- Grindle, Merilee S. (2009). Going Local: Decentralization, Democratization, and the Promise of Good Governance. Princeton: Princeton University Press.
- Holland, Jeremy, and others (2009). Measuring Change and Results in Voice and Accountability Work. Department for International Development Working Paper. Paris: Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development.
- Ivanyna, Maksym, and Anwar Shah (2018). Ranking Countries for Good Governance Using Public Opinion Surveys. In: Malito, Debora V., Gaby Umbach, and Nehal Bhuta, eds. The Palgrave Handbook of Indicators in Global Governance. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Khan, Mushtaq (2012). Beyond Good Governance: An Agenda for Developmental Governance. In: Sundaram, Jomo Kwame and Chowdhury, Anis, eds. Is Good Governance Good for Development? London: Bloomsbury Academic, pp. 151-182.
- Malito, Debora V., Nehal Bhuta, and Gaby Umbach, eds. (2018). The Palgrave Handbook of Indicators in Global Governance. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Shepsle, Kenneth A. (1999). The Political Economy of State Reform . Political to the Core. Brazilian Journal of Political Economy , vol. 19, issue 03 (July-September), pp. 1-20.
- Williams, Andrew (2014). A Global Index of Information and Political Transparency. The University of Western Australia .
Next: Student assessment
Back to top