This module is a resource for lecturers
Additional teaching tools
This section includes links to relevant teaching aides such as PowerPoint slides, video material, case studies, and other resources that could help the lecturer teach the issues covered by the Module. The slides and other resources can be adapted by lecturers.
- Use of Taser against a man armed with a knife (52 seconds)
- Conducted energy weapons can be an alternative to firearms in certain circumstances. This brief footage shows police using a taser on a man who is holding a knife outside Buckingham Palace.
- Shooting of a man in Dallas, Texas, carrying a screwdriver (watch the first 2:45 minutes)
- The first 2:45 minutes of this raw footage from a police body worn camera shows police shooting a mentally ill man who was holding a screwdriver.
- Law on Police Use of Force Worldwide
- UNHCHR - Special Rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions
Next: Guidelines to develop a stand-alone course
Back to top