- The role of prosecutors
- Adversarial versus inquisitorial legal systems
- Mitigating punishment
- Granting immunity from prosecution
- Witness protection
Published in May 2018
Regional Perspective: Pacific Islands Region - added in November 2019
Regional Perspective: Eastern and Southern Africa - added in April 2020
This module is a resource for lecturers
The following readings are recommended for students interested in exploring the topics of this Module in more detail, and for lecturers teaching the Module:
- Dammer, Harry and Jay Albanese (2014). Comparative Criminal Justice Systems, 5th ed. Wadsworth.
- Earley, Pete and Gerald Shur (2002). WITSEC: Inside the Federal Witness Protection Program. New York: Bantam Books. 131.
- Falcon, Gabriel (2013). Inside the Witness Protection Program. CNN.com, February 16.