Published in May 2019
This module is a resource for lecturers
Other resources on the critical analysis of the concept of trafficking in persons
- Brunwasser, Mathew (2015). A 21st Century Migrant's Essentials: Food, Shelter, Smartphone. The New York Times, 25 August.
- Conrad, Scott, Greg Dorn and Philip Craiger (2010). Forensic Analysis of a Playstation 3 Console. In: K. Chow and S. Shenoi, eds. Advances in Digital Forensics VI.: Digital Forensics 2010. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology, Springer.
- Davies, Caroline (2016). British paedophile 'planned to marry victim and abuse foster children'. The Guardian, 3 June.
- De La Mare, Tess (2017). Online paedophile approached 500 girls on tween Movie Star Planet site - misspelled sex words to avoid moderators. The Irish News, 2 September.
- European Commission (2016). The Use of Social Media in the Fight Against Migrant Smuggling . European Migration Network (EMN) Inform.
- European Migration Network. Ad-Hoc Query on Addressing and preventing the use of social media in migrant smuggling.
- Europol (2018). Internet Organized Crime Threat Assessment 2018. The Hague: Europol.
- Europol (2017). Europol, FBI arrest nearly 900 in crackdown on global paedophile ring , 5 May.
- Europol and Interpol (2016). Report on Migrant Smuggling Networks, Executive Summary. The Hague: Europol.
- FBI (2017). Operation Cross Country XI: Recovering Underage Victims of Sex Trafficking and Prostitution .
- Internet Watch Foundation (2018). Trends in Online Child Sexual Exploitation: Examining the Distribution of Captures of Live-streamed Child Sexual Abuse.
- Interpol (undated). Cybercrime .
- Jackman, Tom (2018). Backpage CEO Carl Ferrer pleads guilty in three states, agrees to testify against other website officials. Washington Post, 13 April.
- Karaman, Svebor, Tao Chen and Shih-Fu Chang (undated). DARPA MEMEX project. New York: Digital Video and Multimedia (DVMM) Lab of Columbia University.
- Latonero, Mark (2011). The Role of Social Networking Sites and Online Classifieds. California: University of Southern California, Annenberg Center on Communication Leadership & Policy Research Series.
- Latonero, Mark (2012). The Rise of Mobile and the Diffusion of Technology-Facilitated Trafficking . California: University of Southern California, Annenberg Center on Communication Leadership & Policy.
- Legorano, Giovanni and Joe Parkinson (2015). Following the Migrant Money Trail. Washington Post, 30 December.
- Kunz, Ryan et al (undated). Social Media and Sex Trafficking Process: From connection and recruitment, to sales . Ohio: University of Toledo.
- McGoogan, Cara and Muktadir Rashid (2016). Satellites reveal 'child slave camps' in Unesco-protected park in Bangladesh. The Telegraph, 23 October.
- Pellerin, Cheryl. (2017). DARPA Program Helps to Fight Human Trafficking. DOD Combating Trafficking in Persons , 4 January.
- Slater, Chris (2018). Paedophile used computer games to groom young boy he raped and sexually abused. Manchester Evening News, 3 August.
- Thorn (undated). Spotlight.
- United States Senate (2017). Backpage.com's Knowing Facilitation of Online Sex Trafficking. Staff Report Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations.
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. (2017). From a Refugee Perspective, Discourse of Arabic speaking and Afghan refugees and migrants on social media from March to December 2016 . Geneva: UNHCR.
- United Nations Inter-Agency Project on Human Trafficking (2008). Guide to Ethics and Human Rights in Counter-Trafficking . Bangkok: UN.
- UNODC (2008). Toolkit to Combat Trafficking in Persons . Vienna: UNODC.
Next: Student assessment