This module is a resource for lecturers
Additional teaching tools
This section includes links to relevant teaching aides such as PowerPoint slides, video material, case studies, and other resources that could help the lecturer teach the issues covered by the Module. The slides and other resources can be adapted by lecturers.
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, "We should all be feminists" 12 April 2013, Tedtalk [29:30 minutes]. » An inspiring talk by Nigerian novelist and feminist Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche, about a fairer world for men and women.
- Laura Bates, "Sexism and solidarity across borders" January 2014, TedxEastEnd [18:55 minutes]. » A talk by Laura Bates, who founded the "everyday sexism" project after realising that sexism had become accepted as part of everyday life.
- Tarana Burke, MTV interview with Gaby Wilson about the #MeToo movement 21 October 2017 [18:20 minutes]. » An interview with the founder of the #MeToo movement, about sexual abuse and activism to end gender-based violence.
- "Consenting to sex is like agreeing to have a cup of tea". short educational film, [2:49 minutes] with accompanying website. » A film about the importance of active consent.
- Jackson Katz, "Violence against women: it's a men's issue." Tedtalk 2013 [17:40 minutes]. » A compelling lecture that explains why violence against women is an issue for men - linked to definitions of masculinity.
- Eve Ensler, "Men need to join the fight to end violence against women." 15 February 2018, Time Magazine [3:38 minutes]. » Eve Ensler talks about how much has changed since she launched "The Vagina Monologues" in 1998, and the steps that both men and women can take today, to end violence against women.