This module is a resource for lecturers
The following provides a list of open access core readings that the student should complete before taking the class based on this Module. It also recommends advanced readings for students interested in exploring the topic in more detail, and for lecturers teaching the Module.
- United Nations (1985). Declaration of Basic Principles of Justice for Victims of Crime and Abuse of Power (A/RES/40/34). New York: United Nations.
- Explore the website of Victim Support Europe to learn more about assistance to victims.
- Read about victims and the International Criminal Court.
- Rauschenbach, Mina and Scalie, David (2008). Victims and international criminal justice: a vexed question. International Review of the Red Cross , Volume 90 Number 870.
- Letschert, Rianne and Groenhuisen, Marc (2011). Global governance and global crime: Do victims fall in between? In R. M. Letschert, & J. J. M. Dijk, eds. The new faces of victimhood. Dordrecht: Springer.
Next: Advanced reading