This module is a resource for lecturers
Possible class structure
This section contains recommendations for a teaching sequence and timing intended to achieve learning outcomes through a three-hour class.
- General introduction and presentation on the many forms of violence against children and their impact on children [Presentation: 15 minutes; questions/discussion 10 minutes]
- In-class exercise: Exercise 1 [20 minutes],or " School Violence Awareness Video" [8.20 minutes and discussion], or video of the National Institute of Mental Health (2013), " Bullying Exerts Psychiatric Effects Into Adulthood" [3.54 minutes]
- States obligations to prevent VAC and protect child victims (focus on human rights standards and guidance available on best practices) and introduction to the Model Strategies. [Presentation: 15 minutes; questions/discussion: 10 minutes]
- In-class exercise: Exercise 2 [20 minutes]
- Improving the prevention of VAC [Presentation: 15 minutes; questions: 10 minutes]
- In-class exercise: Any of the exercises 3 to 6 [25 minutes]. The research-based exercise requires students to prepare in advance.
- In-class exercise: Exercise 7 [35 minutes]
- Conclusion [5 minutes]
Next: Core reading