This module is a resource for lecturers
Additional teaching tools
Cases in the media
These cases can be used to stimulate discussion during the lecture:
- Associated Press. (2018). Beware the Fax Machine: Some Hackers Target Old Gadgets. 13 August 2018.
- Blake, Andrew. (2018). WannaCry cyberattacks persist more than a year after global outbreak. Associated Press, 13 November 2018.
- Farrell, Michael B. (2017). After 'Facebook killing' social media confronts its dark side. Christian Science Monitor, 20 April 2017.
- Mahmud, Aqil Haziq. (2018). SingHealth will notify patients affected by cyberattack. Channel NewsAsia, 20 July 2018.
- McNeill, David. (2018). Manga and anime industries to be exempt from Japan's new law banning images of child abuse. The Independent, 18 June 2014.
- US Department of Justice. (2018). Former Law School Student Pleads Guilty To Cyberstalking: Posts Ads on Craigslist and other Websites.
- US Department of Justice. (2018). Massachusetts Man Pleads Guilty to 25 Offenses Associated with Cyberstalking Former Housemate and Others.
- US Department of Justice. (2018). Russian Hacker Sentenced to Nearly 6 Years in Prison in Scheme that Caused $4.1 Million in Losses with Fraudulent Debit Cards.
- Volz, Dustin and Robert McMillan. (2018). For Millions of Hacked Federal Employees, New Fears of Identity Theft. Wall Street Journal, 22 June 2018.
- Takedown » A 2000 film about the pursuit and capture of a famous US hacker, Kevin Mitnick, by US authorities.
- CISCO. A Cisco Guide to Defending Against Distributed Denial of Service Attacks.
- Norton by Symantec. What is a man-in-the-middle attack?
- Trend Micro. Cybercriminal Underground Economy Series.
- Veracode. Man-in-the-middle (MITM) attack. Man-in-the-Middle Tutorial: Learn About Man-in-the-Middle Attacks, Vulnerabilities and How to Prevent MITM Attacks.
- Kevin Mitnick. Kevin Mitnick Sample Speaking Clips and Hacks You'll See Live (length: 17:54) » This video, as the title implies, covers short excerpts of Mitnick's speaking engagements.
- PowerCert Animated Videos. DDoS Attack Explained (26 November 2017) (length: 5:42) » This animated video explains DDoS attacks and botnets.