This module is a resource for lecturers
The following readings are recommended for students interested in exploring the topics of this Module in more detail, and for lecturers teaching the Module.
- Batchelor, Peter and Kai Michael Kenkel (eds) (2014). Controlling Small Arms: Consolidation, innovation and relevance in Research and Policy. New York: Routledge.
- Bowen, Erica and Helen Poole (eds) (2016 ). Examination of Firearms and Forensics in Europe and Across Territories : EFFECT Project. Coventry: Coventry University.
- Duquet, Nils (ed) (2018). Triggering Terror: Illicit Gun Markets and Firearms Acquisition of Terrorist Networks in Europe . Brussels: Flemish Peace Institute.
- Duquet, Nils and Kevin Goris (2018). Firearms acquisition by terrorists in Europe: Research findings and policy recommendations of Project SAFTE . Brussels: Flemish Peace Institute.
- ENACT (2017). Illicit arms and organised crime threaten Africa's development . Pretoria: Institute for Security Studies.
- Federation of American Scientists (nd). The Global Threat of Small Arms and Light Weapons - A Primer . Washington DC: Federation of American Scientists.
- Gabor, Thomas (2016). Confronting Gun Violence in America. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Greene, Owen and Nic Marsh (eds) (2012). Small Arms, Crime and Conflict: Global governance and the threat of armed violence . Abingdon: Routledge.
- Karp, Aaron (2018). 'Estimating Global Civilian Owned Firearms Numbers', Briefing Paper June 2018. Geneva: Small Arms Survey.
- Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (2016). Human rights and the regulation of civilian acquisition, possession and use of firearms , Human Rights Council Resolution 29/10, Geneva: OHCHR.
- Shroeder, Matt and Rachel Stohl (2006). Small Arms, Large Problem: The International Threat of Small Arms Proliferation and Misuse . Washington DC:Arms Control Association.
- Small Arms Survey (2011). Private Security. A Booming Business . Geneva: Small Arms Survey.
- Squires, Peter (2014). Gun Crime in Global Contexts .London: Routledge.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (2013). Global Study on Homicide . Vienna: UNODC.
- Waters, H., Hyder, A., Rajkotia, Y., Basu, S., Rehwinkel, J. A. and Butchart, A. (2004). The Economic Dimensions of Interpersonal Violence . Department of Injuries and Violence Prevention, Geneva: World Health Organization.
Back to top