- Comparing smuggling of migrants and trafficking in persons
- Differences and commonalities
- Vulnerability and the continuum between smuggling and trafficking
- When theory meets practice: smuggling of migrants or trafficking in persons?
Published in January 2019.
This module is a resource for lecturers
Additional teaching tools
This section includes links to relevant teaching aides such as PowerPoint slides and video material, that could help the lecturer teach the issues covered by the Module. Lecturers can adapt the resources to their needs.
- Zimbabwean Women Smuggled And Sold As Wives In South Africa , (app. 4:40 minutes) by Sky News. The documentary video provides an account on Zimbabwean women forced into prostitution or sold off into forced marriages by smugglers to pay for their crossing out of the country.
- SHERLOC Case Law Database on the Smuggling of Migrants
- SHERLOC Case Law Database of Legislation (SOM)