This module is a resource for lecturers
In addition to the exercises, other assessment tools used in this Module are review questions and homework assignments.
The questions can also be used to promote class discussions during the lecture.
- What is cybercrime?
- Why is cybercrime scientifically studied?
- Where can information about cybercrime trends be obtained? Please evaluate these sources.
- What are the legal challenges relating to cybercrime and cybercrime prevention?
- What are the ethical challenges relating to cybercrime and cybercrime prevention?
- What are the technical challenges relating to cybercrime and cybercrime prevention?
- What are the operational challenges relating to cybercrime and cybercrime prevention?
Students can be tasked with one or more of the following assignments to be completed before class as a written homework assignment (one to three pages long) and/or be part of the class discussion:
Homework assignment # 1
The following assignment is proposed to be completed within two weeks after the Module:
- Find local legislation that legally defines a computer, data or network. Next, find a law from another country that also defines one of these concepts. Describe in your own words how the definitions are similar and how they are different. Suggested length: 1,500 words.
Homework assignment # 2
- Instruct students to research a theory from their academic discipline and search for studies that have applied this theory to cybercrime.