This module is a resource for lecturers
The following readings are recommended for students interested in exploring the topics of this Module in more detail, and for lecturers teaching the Module:
- Crenshaw, Kimberle (1991). Mapping the margins: intersectionality, identity politics, and violence against women of color. Stanford Law Review, Vol. 43, No. 6, pp. 1241-1299. » This journal article provides an introduction to the idea of intersectionality by an American legal theorist.
- Doeden, Matt (2014). Malala Yousafzai: Shot by the Taliban, Still Fighting for Equal Education. Minneapolis: Lerner Publishing Group. » This is a background book to the life of Malala Yousafzai, along with context about Pakistan and women's education.
- Locke, John (1689) . A Letter Concerning Toleration. » This short text is the 17 th century philosopher's effort to defend toleration in the context of the religious disputes during his day.
- Payne, Robert (1969). The Life and Death of Mahatma Gandhi. New York: E.P. Dutton. » A biography of Robert Payne.
- Sampson, Anthony (1991). Mandela: the Authorized Biography. London: Harper Collins. » A biography of Nelsen Mandela
Back to top