This module is a resource for lecturers
The Internet provides criminals with access to victims and customers anywhere in the world with an Internet connection. These criminals take advantage of the ease with which information, communications and money traverse cyberspace. They utilize the Internet to share knowledge and communicate undetected, sell stolen data, goods, and services, launder illicitly acquired money, as well as exchange cybercrime tactics and tools used to commit cybercrimes These criminals can operate alone or in different types of organized criminal groups. This Module examines the types of crimes that are considered as cyber organized crime and the types of organized criminal groups that engage in cybercrime. This Module further explores the measures used to counter cyber organized crime.
- Describe cyber organized crime and criminal groups that engage in cyber organized crime
- Identify and discuss the structures and characteristics of organized criminal groups that engage in cyber organized crime
- Identify different types of cyber organized crime
- Explain and analyse the ways in which information and communication technology is used to commit cyber organized crime
- Critically evaluate the measures used to counter cyber organized crime
Next: Key issues