This module is a resource for lecturers
This Module is designed to introduce students to the international standards and norms governing the use of force for the purpose of law enforcement. This includes the police and other law enforcement agencies, including the military when they are exercising policing powers.
- Recognize when and why force may be necessary in law enforcement.
- Comprehend the general principles governing the use of force.
- Describe how human rights law impacts on law enforcement operations.
- Recognize the specific rules on the use of firearms.
- Apply international rules to policing scenarios.
Next: Key issues