This module is a resource for lecturers
Additional teaching tools
This section includes links to relevant teaching aides such as PowerPoint slides, video material and case studies, that could help the lecturer teach the issues covered by the Module. Lecturers can adapt the slides and other resources to their needs.
- Presentation on Module 2 (forthcoming)
- What is Governance? (2014). Institute on Governance (9 min). » This video answers the following questions based on Canadian examples: What is "governance"? Why does it matter? Why is it especially important today?
- What is Good Governance? (2015). OREA Centre for Leadership Development (3 min). » This video discusses how good governance can ensure accountability, fairness and transparency as an association makes decisions on behalf of its members.
- What is good governance? (2015). Ben Warner, TEDx Jacksonsville (8 min). » In this TEDx Talk, Ben Warner, President and CEO of Jacksonville Community Council Inc. (JCCI), presents the module of good governance that JCCI use to find solutions for the local community's problems. This model has gained international attention for JCCI.
- Why we need to rethink global governance? (2015). The World Economic Forum (6 min). » In this video, Ian Goldin from the University of Oxford discusses global governance issues by asking the question "how can we come together, often against our short-term interests, to manage collective, longer term challenges?"
- Sustainable economic development: governance matters most (2013). The Guardian (14 min). » In this video, Douglas Beal of the Boston Consulting Group and Andy Ratcliffe of the Africa Governance Initiative, share lessons on how developing countries are turning wealth into well-being for their citizens.
- The 12 principles of good governance at local level (2013). Council of Europe (4 min).
- #TalkAfrica: Good governance in Africa (2018). Talk Africa (30 min). » This video discusses the 2018 report on the Ibrahim Index of Africa Governance (IIAG). It includes interviews with Mo Ibrahim and other experts from around Africa, who discuss issues of governance in Africa.
- World Economic Forum (WEF). » WEF's section on global governance consists of various materials, researches and analysis on different good governance-related issues.
- Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development's Directorate for Public Governance. » The website of the OECD's Directorate for Public Governance offers various publications, guides and policies on governance-related topics, including anti-corruption, integrity, sustainable development, etc.
- Council of Europe's Centre of Expertise for Good Governance. » CoE's Centre of Expertise for Good Governance offers numerous videos, case studies, toolkits and other materials on promoting good local and regional governance.
- KickBack: The Global Anti-Corruption Podcast. » This podcast features regular interviews with leading experts in the anti-corruption field, from academia, politics, activism, journalism, etc. The podcast aims to enhance serious debate and discussion about important issues in the field from a variety of different perspectives. Given the length of each episode (average: 45 min), the lecturer may use it as a pre-class assignment.