This module is a resource for lecturers
This section provides a list of materials that the lecturer could ask the students to read before taking a class based on this Module.
- Geneva Academy of International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights (2017). Weapons Law Encyclopaedia .
- Greenwood, Christopher (video). The Sources of International Law .
- Hauck, Pierre and Sven Peterke (2016). International Law and Transnational Organized Crime. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- League of Arab States (2002). Arab Model Law on Weapons, Ammunitions, Explosives and Hazardous Material .
- Slaughter, Anne-Marie (2011). International Relations: Principal Theories . Max Planck Encyclopaedia of Public International Law, Oxford University Press. R. Wolfrun, ed.
- Parker, Sarah and Marcus Wilson (2016). A Guide to the UN Small Arms Process: 2016 Update. Geneva: Small Arms Survey.
- United Nations, General Assembly (2000). United Nations Convention against Transnational Organized Crime .
- United Nations, General Assembly (2001). Protocol against the Illicit Manufacturing of and Trafficking in Firearms, Their Parts and Components and Ammunition .
- United Nations, General Assembly (2001). Programme of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons .
- United Nations. General Assembly (2005). International Instrument to Enable States to Identify and Trace, in a Timely and Reliable Manner, Illicit Small Arms and Light Weapons .
- United Nations, General Assembly (2013). Arms Trade Treaty .
- United Nations (2018). Modular Small-arms-control Implementation Compendium (MOSAIC) .
- United Nations, General Assembly (1994). Report of the World Ministerial Conference on Organized Transnational Crime .
- United Nations, General Assembly (2008). Report of the Group of Governmental Experts to examine the feasibility, scope and draft parameters for a comprehensive, legally binding instrument establishing common international standards for the import, export and transfer of conventional arms .
- UNODC (2016). Comparative Analysis of Global Instruments on firearms and other Conventional Arms: Synergies for Implementation .
Next: Advanced reading